1. Why do you work with Umuntu and what is your personal motivation?
Working with Umuntu is a great connection in the sense that Umuntu is a great organization with great vision, mission and esteem; it works to find sustainable proposals for solving various problems of environmental degradation and related consequences. Due to the nature of our work and the work – vision and mission of Umuntu – the collaboration is truly great to develop sustainable and lasting solutions for a better world. Umuntu is also an international organization that brings together people from different parts of the world to work together as a team so that common positivity and outstanding results can be achieved through implementations. The goal is to make our planet a better place for all. The union with Umuntu brings togetherness, creativity, practicality, success and also gives me the opportunity to develop all my professionalism to achieve good overall results.
2. What are the goals you want to achieve with Umuntu?
I want to be able to help my community and beyond by working with Umuntu and running various projects that work against environmental damage and related problems.
My goal is to help, learn and make a significant contribution to acquiring the knowledge and skills that help us carry out our work. We want to be able to create a balanced system to protect the environment and related aspects on the fringes of our population. We also want to provide clean water for all.
3. In which country and which region do we help you?
About Mattlawie (Our Company)
We are at home in the Have, Volta region of Ghana. West Africa. The Mattlawie Ecological Regenerative Center is an ecologically based organization and a registered non-profit organization here in Ghana.
Our vision is that people, animals, plants, etc. coexist peacefully and happily in our Ecological Centre/Community, creating an amazing example of regenerative – sustainable agriculture and life in this region.
In this way, action can be taken against climate change and the restoration, improvement and protection of tropical ecosystems.
- Promotion of peace and culture
We take great care to do everything as ecologically as possible without the use of toxic chemicals and adhere strictly to permaculture/regeneration principles, ethics and their design systems.
What we do/ intend to do
- Ecological agriculture
- Biological food production, biological cosmetics, repellents, fertilizers,
- ecology/permaculture/ I.C.T. Trainings
- eco-culture development / exchange programmes, ecotourism, eco lodge / ecovillage
- Empowerment of young people and women
- care for the elderly, care for the elderly
- Community development, Landscape planning
- Animal husbandry (beekeeping), essential oil distillation, fungal production
- Moringa Projects
- Peace counselling
- Tree nurseries/ tree plantations / agroforestry systems
- Sustainable animal management
- Renewable energy – solar systems, water harvesting systems, biogas, low cost irrigation systems, etc.
4. Who are you and what is your background?
I am Matthew Amechi Onyeanula by name, I am an activist for climate change, ecologist, permaculturist, slowfoodist, humanitarian, peace supporter, creative artist and sportsman.
I am Director/Founder of the Mattlawie Ecological Regenerative Center here in Ghana – West Africa.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator